Saturday, March 27, 2010

Compliments?


Out of every 5 comments I get on my hair, 3 are like this. I don't really know what it *means*, but it sounds a little like an insult. Like a 'Aw, honey. No matter what the other kids say, *I* love you'. Honestly, I think I'd prefer a 'Why the hell would you do that to your hair?'


It reminds me a bit of when you're really, really skinny and everyone's always trying to feed you. Or saying 'Oh my god. You're so skinny! You need to eat!' Once again, I get it! But would you walk up to a fat person and say 'Oh my god. You're so fat! Don't eat anymore!' (aside from on the internet)and pretend that it's a compliment? I suppose when you look differently than other people, you open yourself up to commentary on what's different about you. But still. I'm surprised by the number of people who don't know how to do this with any grace at all. 


Also, by the number of people who think that it's okay to touch me. And kiss my head?!? wtf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment